can you imagine how fucking relieved the french must have been when we reached the year 2000?
they went from having to say “mille neuf cents quatre-vingt-dix-neuf” to just having to say “deux mille” to say the year
Dude, the hispanics as well, “mil novecientos noveinta y nueve” jesus christ it’s just “dos mil” now. XD
100 Years of Style in 100 Seconds
this is actually the most amazing thing i watched it twice
Oh snap, this is brilliant!
I’ve watched this video so many times I love it a lot.
Oh hot reservoir, this is my marmalade
Sorta loving the bit in the forties where the guy wanders off for a few seconds.
what really sucks is when you know you should be doing something but physically cannot bring yourself to do it no matter how important doing that thing is
because fuck john green
- he’s creepy as fuck. he does this weird thing where he fetishizes nerdy girls and shit. and it’s very fucking creepy to characterize young women when you’re, like, 40. and misogynistic. all the girls in the books are supposed to be these cutesy ass bookworm bitches that are lowkey sexy and probably wanna do shit like ride dick to a white-washed blues song. i’m not with it. and there’s nothing wrong with that, but when you look down on other women, or female-identifying people, you’re a piece of shit.
- all of his characters are pretentious as fuck. what fucking teenager with cancer takes a cigarette out and walks around with it in between his lips without smoking it? like, if you’re going to go through this whole spiel about metaphors and shit, you can cancel that, because you literally just paid for… nevermind. nawl. fuck it.
- all his books seem like a damn (500) days of summer, perks of being a wallflower, twilight ass mashup. anyone can predict what the fuck is going to happen by looking at the damn cover. some whiny ass white boy living in a boring world finds a white girl with the Emma Watson haircut reading a book or some shit and she has something unique about her (i don’t know, something that’s wild ableist and insensitive to write in a book, say, cancer), and he falls in love with her, instantly puttin her on a pedestal. they listen to the smiths and scoff at people who play Migos, call themselves misanthropes, run through the city and eat deli sandwiches in the park, then kiss in an alleyway. somewhere in the book, green will trash the girl (maybe she moves, or she dies, or something), and then the boy moves on with wispy eyes and a hard stare with a cigarette tucked behind his ear that he never lights.
- he’s one of those pseudo-intellectual assholes that thinks that people with a certain kind of smarts are better than those who aren’t seen as conventionally smart (conventionally smart meaning the “white” kind of smart: perfectly enunciated words, coiled up, reading a book while pushing a pair of glasses up their nose, and containing a lot of angst about the world around them because everyone is “devolving into an idiot”)
- plus, he’s just a ugly nerdass and i don’t care for him or any of his damn work to be on my dashboard. go read something better. fuck that christmas lights in your bedroom ass nigga.
Woman Crush Wednesday
Exactly. Especially when most of us have been using the internet since before some of them were even born. It’s like they think it’s some magical, new thing that only they “understand”.
It’s like trying to move into someone’s house while they’re still living in it.
"Yeah, hi? We’re still here. We’ve been here. We never left.”
The guy who created Tumblr is 27. The creator of Facebook? 29. The guys who created Twitter? All of them are 30+.
All the precious little spaces that teenagers have claimed as “theirs” were created by people from my generation, and older. The most common internet acronyms and emotes they use with reckless abandon were coined by us when we were their age.
“Fluff rice with a fork, never stir it with a spoon.
— 36 Things I Wish I Figured Out Sooner - Whitney Kimball (via 33113)
Vaseline is the best night time eye cream on the market.
You can buy alcohol and chips with your parents’ gas station credit cards.
If you force something, you’ll break it. That could be good or bad.
It’s important to read the care tags on your clothing and follow those instructions.
Related: don’t wash and dry j. crew wool sweaters.
Changing your car’s oil is not optional.
Whatever physical objects you acquire you will one day have to put into a box and move.
You’re allowed to disagree with negative feedback.
It’s always worth reading the instruction manual.
Nostalgia, like any drug, can be a poison or a remedy.
Pets are like human friends but better in every conceivable way.
Good doctors listen more than they talk.
You can’t fix a burned roux.
Just because someone is an authority figure does not mean they are intelligent/competent/right.
Measure twice, cut once.
Get your nice jeans and dress pants tailored by a professional.
If you’re uncomfortable wearing it you will not look good.
You’re not required to drink alcohol while in a bar.
There are a few things that cure all ills: the beach, your favorite album on vinyl, and fresh garlic.
Kindness is not weakness.
Baking soda is not baking powder.
Taking Excedrin P.M. while still in public is not advisable.
Terrible people will succeed. Wonderful people will fail. The world is not fair.
Appropriate footwear is always key.
You can absolutely be too forgiving.
Real humor punches up, not down.
Reading the assigned chapters will actually help you learn the material.
There are no adults. Everyone is as clueless as you are.
Applying eyeliner well is a timeless art.
You can always leave. Awkward dates, suffocating jobs, hometowns that you outgrow, relationships that aren’t growing in the right direction.
You can always come home again.
But it won’t be the same.
Life is too short for bad books, boring movies, shitty people, and margarine.
Never underestimate the importance of eyebrows.”
Make Your Move is an effort from Missoula’s Intervention in Action Project, a group of community organizations dedicated to ending sexual violence. Its campaign’s goals are to: 1) Engage men and women as allies to prevent sexual violence by increasing awareness and education about the dynamics of sexual violence and 2) Encourage bystanders to foster healthy non-violent relationships and interrupt attitudes, language and actions that support sexual violence.
Reblogging this so hard
Alright yooo. I made a blog for games i like and i need to follow people
and get some followers maybe
So like/reblog if you post any of the following:
- League of Legends
- World of Warcraft
- TERA Online
- Video games in general
I will most likely follow you c:
Le WoW. And Le TERA. And sometimes Le AION and whatever else comes out that holds my attention for like a month ‘cause I’m horrible. >.>
Purple skies, warm hearts.
It’s with great pleasure to announce to you all, my lovely Tera lovers, that I will be holding my very first giveaway to you guys. I have finally reached 171 followers since I have opened this tumblr. I can not thank you enough for the support you all have given to me. All for being great people that you are, all I ask is that you are from the North American server of Tera. It does not matter what server you are from, I will do my best to give you your winnings on all NA servers. With that being said, you all have a chance to win the following:
- First place will win: A permanent character mount of your choice.
- Second place will win: A costume of your choice.
- Third place will win: An accessory of your choice. (Head/Face/Back slot items.)
** Items are from the Valkyon Outfitters store. **
This giveaway ends on April 18th, 2014 at 11:59 pm PST. It would be preferred that you are following me! One reblog only~, likes do not give you a higher chance of winning. Good luck to you all. <3